Wednesday, October 19, 2016

The beginning



I can't live like this anymore. Embarrassed to be tagged in full body photos on Facebook, taking selfies from very specific angles, crying when I don't fit in my favorite clothes. I know what I'm supposed to do- eat healthy and exercise. I just hate being sweaty and diet food tastes gross and Weight Watchers is expensive. I'd rather spend my money on food. Also wine. 




It has been a recipe for disaster. I've gained more weight than I want to admit to ANYONE, even my own husband. I need to make a change, and I need to be strict about it. I need to be accountable.





I can't do it alone. The husband has decided to come along for the ride. He's a runner, but he's gained more than he's comfortable with too. My hope is to cook meals that our son will eat as well.





My goal is to share what we eat every day, with recipes and calorie counts. I want to cook meals that are portioned for two adults, or two adults, one kid and tomorrow's lunch. Nothing weird- no wheat germ or tofu. Things that real people eat! We eat bread and pasta and wine, and I want to account for those things. This diet needs to be sustainable. If we're miserable, we're gonna be tempted to cheat. Cheating will immediately result in heavy sweaty exercise (which is basically a punishment for me). 





I am utilizing the LoseIt app. I will be attempting a 1200 net calorie diet (calorie+exercise=1200). 


No comments:

Post a Comment